Medieval Bhutan Tours's Fan Box

Monday, July 13, 2009




A WORD FROM DRUK GYALPO


“…whatever goals we have - and no matter how these may change in this changing world - ultimately without peace, security and happiness we have nothing. That is the essence of the philosophy of Gross National Happiness… - I shall give you everything and keep nothing; I shall live such a life as a good human being that you may find it worthy to serve as an example for your children; – I also pray that while I am but King of a small Himalayan nation, I may in my time be able to do much to promote the greater wellbeing and happiness of all people in this world – of all sentient beings.
– Coronation of HM King Jigme Khesar as the Fifth Druk Gyalpo, November, 2008.
(Druk Gyalpo: Precious ruler of the dragon people in the land of the Thunder Dragon.)



A WORD FROM THE PRIME MINISTER OF BHUTAN


“What will not change though is one challenge
of public policy which is to enhance the well
being of the individual without compromising
the well being of the collective [and] vice versa.”

– H. E. Jigmi Y. Thinley







No comments:

Post a Comment